My Role: •Screen Redesign •A/B Test Prep for Optimizely
- Underlying Content Management System and Template cannot change
- Design changes only happen on the start page
- A visual analysis is performed and highlights various problems with visual elements
- A technical analysis shows that many points which work well in German markets, negatively influence typical US American visitors
- The target consumer enjoys complexity but with the ability to reduce the experience into quick pieces of information
- In general, target consumer moves quicker through materials
- The target consumer wants to believe they are the expert and have control over the details
Based on the cultural analysis, reorganization of text and a new information hierarchy defines a new page shape. The designs still fit within the limits of the Content Management Template, but offer a new route of engagement.
The designs run through A/B testing using Optimizely, for 30 days.
The screen design leads to major improvements within the US market.
- Overall user engagement up 12%
- 50% more quality visitors
- Significant drop in bounce rates
- Small cultural differences make a huge difference
- Even sites that cannot change their underlying technologies should improve what is possible
- A/B testing is worth the effort